* Serial port control windows and linux
@ 2004-03-09 15:58 Erlo Haugen
From: Erlo Haugen @ 2004-03-09 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I know that questions like this has been asked before. I did some
searching on Google and found som links, but they were all broken.

I need to control a serial port from an Ada program. I need to have
control of the handshake signal (set and clear). Any good pointers
to packages/bindings??

--
Erlo
-----

* Re: Serial port control windows and linux
@ 2004-03-09 23:01 ` Jerry Petrey
From: Jerry Petrey @ 2004-03-09 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Erlo Haugen wrote:

> I know that questions like this has been asked before. I did some
> searching on Google and found som links, but they were all broken.
>
> I need to control a serial port from an Ada program. I need to have
> control of the handshake signal (set and clear). Any good pointers
> to packages/bindings??
>
> --
> Erlo

I have used Stephe Leake's com port utilities with great success (with some
modifications) to control the serial ports on a Windows platform.
They can be found here:
http://www.toadmail.com/~ada_wizard/ada/win32_com_ports.zip

Jerry
-- Jerry Petrey   -   Senior Principal Systems Engineer
-- Navigation (GPS/INS), Guidance, & Control
-- Raytheon Missile Systems  - Member Team Ada & Team Forth
-- NOTE: please remove <NOSPAM> in email address to reply

* Re: Serial port control windows and linux
@ 2004-03-10  2:37 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2004-03-10  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Erlo Haugen <_elh_@_tema_._com_> writes:

> I know that questions like this has been asked before. I did some
> searching on Google and found som links, but they were all broken.

http://www.toadmail.com/~ada_wizard/

On Alta Vista, the search string "win32 com port ada" gives "Stephe's
Homepage" on the second page of hits.

Guess I need to add "serial" to my description, so that is found as well.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Serial port control windows and linux
@ 2004-03-10 21:28 ` Michael Bode
From: Michael Bode @ 2004-03-10 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Erlo Haugen <_elh_@_tema_._com_> writes:

> I know that questions like this has been asked before. I did some
> searching on Google and found som links, but they were all broken.
>
> I need to control a serial port from an Ada program. I need to have
> control of the handshake signal (set and clear). Any good pointers
> to packages/bindings??

Maybe http://home.t-online.de/home/michael_bode/eigener_mist_en.html
is useful for you.

--
PGP Key: http://home.t-online.de/home/michael_bode/downloads/michael_bode.key

* Re: Serial port control windows and linux
@ 2004-03-11  7:52   ` Erlo Haugen
From: Erlo Haugen @ 2004-03-11  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Bode skrev:
> Erlo Haugen <_elh_@_tema_._com_> writes:
>

>>I know that questions like this has been asked before. I did some
>>searching on Google and found som links, but they were all broken.
>>
>>I need to control a serial port from an Ada program. I need to have
>>control of the handshake signal (set and clear). Any good pointers
>>to packages/bindings??
>

> Maybe http://home.t-online.de/home/michael_bode/eigener_mist_en.html
> is useful for you.

Looks like just the thing I need. Thank you. :o)

--
Erlo
-----