* delphi to ada translator
@ 2004-02-19 20:38 Szymon Guz
From: Szymon Guz @ 2004-02-19 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
do you know any delphi to ada translator ?

* Re: Delphi to Ada translator
@ 2004-02-19 20:44 ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2004-02-19 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Szymon Guz wrote:

> do you know any delphi to ada translator ?

There is at least a Pascal to Ada translator, which also (or in a
special edition) accepts Borland Pascal source code.  It may also have
been modified to accept Delphi source code.

Jacob
--
Growing older is compulsory. Growing up isn't.

* Re: delphi to ada translator
@ 2004-02-19 20:53 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2004-02-19 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Szymon Guz" <guzo@stud.ics.p.lodz.pl> wrote in message
> Hi,
> do you know any delphi to ada translator ?

PasTran does Pascal-to-Ada, of course, and we've done custom versions for
various clients and various Pascals, but we've never had anyone ask for
Delphi. We could of course do a custom version, but their would need to be a
quite a bit of code to translate to make it economic.

             Randy Brukardt
             R.R. Software, Inc.

* Re: Delphi to Ada translator
@ 2004-02-19 20:54   ` Szymon Guz
From: Szymon Guz @ 2004-02-19 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> Szymon Guz wrote:
>

>>do you know any delphi to ada translator ?
>

> There is at least a Pascal to Ada translator, which also (or in a
> special edition) accepts Borland Pascal source code.  It may also have
> been modified to accept Delphi source code.
>
> Jacob

where can I find it ?

* Re: delphi to ada translator
@ 2004-02-19 21:26 ` Gautier Write-only
From: Gautier Write-only @ 2004-02-19 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Szymon Guz:

> Hi,
> do you know any delphi to ada translator ?

P2Ada for instance (with th BP2P preprocessor).
NB: OO support is ongoing.

Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm#p2ada

* Re: Delphi to Ada translator
@ 2004-02-20  8:52     ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2004-02-20  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Szymon Guz wrote:
> Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> > Szymon Guz wrote:

> >>do you know any delphi to ada translator ?
> > There is at least a Pascal to Ada translator, which also (or in a
> > special edition) accepts Borland Pascal source code.  It may also
> > have been modified to accept Delphi source code.
>
> where can I find it ?

"pascal to ada" + feeling lucky on Google

Jacob
--
Growing older is compulsory. Growing up isn't.

* Re: delphi to ada translator
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2004-02-20 15:51 ` Craig Carey
From: Craig Carey @ 2004-02-20 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:38:49 +0100, Szymon Guz <guzo@stud.ics.p.lodz.pl>
wrote:

>Hi,
>do you know any delphi to ada translator ?

* Swapping Ada 95 and Delphi code between the DLL and the EXE file ? *

Has anybody succeed in putting Delphi code inside of a DLL and
getting it called by a GNAT Ada 95 main program (inside of a *.exe
file) ?.

Since attaching to a DLL slows down debugging very significantly, it
would be preferred to have these 2 versions of the software:

 (1) Ada is in the *.exe file;
 (2) Delphi is in the *.exe file.

Any URLs saying how to put Delphi GUIs inside of DLLs ?.

Craig Carey

* Re: delphi to ada translator
@ 2004-02-23 21:35   ` Leif Holmgren
From: Leif Holmgren @ 2004-02-23 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Craig Carey wrote:
> Has anybody succeed in putting Delphi code inside of a DLL and
> getting it called by a GNAT Ada 95 main program (inside of a *.exe
> file) ?.

Yes, I have about 2 years ago, using Delphi 3 and gnat 3.15a1. It took a
while to figure out how to generate the files required by gnat.
(.lib-files?). All the tools needed was available with gnat. I also
think I remember

> Any URLs saying how to put Delphi GUIs inside of DLLs ?.
No, Did this with Delphi 1 in 1995 (called from a VB3 app). Never caused
any problems. Autocreate of forms naturally won't work. You create an
procedural interface that call the form-stuff inside the DLL.

You should also be able to create an ActiveX interface that you can use
from Ada, but all my attempts to do this has resulted in loads of
unreadable code that worked but was not reliable. I guess it leaked
memory but I could never find the leaks. Do a web-search for a package
called gnatcom. It contains the stuff you need for Ada/COM interfacing.

Sorry for not beeing able to be very precise. I really don't remember
how I did most of this stuff.

/Leif