From: "Larry Barowski" <larrybarATengDOTauburnDOTeduANDthatISall>
Subject: Re: C# should be last plain-text language
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 14:22:45 -0600
Date: 2004-02-07T14:22:45-06:00	[thread overview]

> You are right, of course. But my intention is what developer
> should not work with raw code at all. The raw code should be
> something alike intermediate assembler code in some compilers.
> And then separated database dont't have much benefits.

It has the huge benefit of compatibility with existing tools
and systems without the need for "importing and exporting"
of raw source or cluttering of source with meta-comments.
If no one uses your tool, it will be useless in promoting the
programming methodology it supports. Those using the tool
exclusively would not have to work with raw source code.

> By the way, I looked at http://www.jgrasp.org/
> but from PDFs I see the same alphabetical list of files I argue against.
:)

Well, the focus of jGRASP is low and high level
visualizations. Viewing or editing source code without
having a frequently updated control flow graph in the
indentation space is something we argue against.

-Larry Barowski