From: zweig@csed-1.IDA.ORG (Jonathan Zweig)
Subject: Re: WANTED : DEAD OR ALIVE - "C" to ADA Translator
Date: 7 Jul 88 18:39:27 GMT	[thread overview]

In my experience, it takes a month or so to come up to speed as a so-so
Ada programmer if you've got experience programming in other languages.

C to Ada translation? I vote hiring somebody to do it by hand at five or
six bucks an hour. If the code is too icky to translate by hand with a
sufficiently high degree of confidence that you've preserved the
functionality, then rewrite the program(s).

-Johnny Zweig
Institute for Defense Analyses/ Computer and Software Engineering
Division.