From: Steffen Huber <spam@huber-net.de>
Subject: Re: somewhat OT: another source of errors
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 14:55:53 +0100
Date: 2004-01-17T14:55:53+01:00	[thread overview]

Georg Bauhaus wrote:

> while a stage1 gcc is taking much too long for compiling
> sem_prag.adb (as of the 20040114 snapshot), I find this article
> (in de-CH language)
> http://www.onlinereports.ch/Archiv/Aktualitaeten/Aktualitaeten_2004_01.htm#anchorBrueckeLaufenburg
>
> A newly built bridge to be joined above the river Rhine between
> Switzerland and Germany has a height difference of 27cm between the
> sides (or, according to a news paper, of 54cm). The difference is
> said to be due to differing ways of referring to sea level in
> Switzerland and Germany respectively.  It is the Mediterranean sea
> in Switzerland, and the North Sea in Germany.

Actually, they *knew* that their way to refer to sea level is different
(27 cm), so they corrected it - but in the wrong direction, resulting
in a difference of 2*27 cm = 54 cm now ;-)

Steffen

--
steffen.huber@gmx.de               steffen@huber-net.de
GCC for RISC OS  - http://www.arcsite.de/hp/gcc/