From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: GtkAda and CommandWindow on Windows system
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 18:17:55 +0100
Date: 2011-02-07T18:17:54+01:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 18:06:32 +0100, ldries46 wrote:

> When I am running a Ada Program which uses GtkAda. I get at least two windows:
>   1.. The Window of the program created by GtkAda and
>   2.. The Command Window or ļæ½MS-DOSļæ½window
> At least I want to close both windows at the same time but if possible do not create the MS Dos window. How can I do that?
> As IDE I do use GPS.

This is not specific to GtkAda, just general Windows issue. The application
should be flagged as a GUI one. To do this in your GNAT project file
(*.gpr) you should have:

   package Linker is
       for Default_Switches ("ada") use <other-options> & "-mwindows";
   end Linker;

If you rather are using gnatmake do not forget to add to -largs
<other-options>:

   -mwindows

--
Regards,