From: Andreas Almroth <andreas_no_spam@almroth.com>
Subject: Interfacing C++ classes, but what about the destructor?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:34:05 +0200
Date: 2005-10-19T14:34:05+02:00	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I have been searching google, and read the Gnat RM&UG, and I have some
working code interfacing C++ classes. No problem really so far, although
 it feels as if I'm wading in unchartered waters... Documentation seems
to be sparse, although the documentation that is there pretty much shows
you how to do it...

My question is though on the topic of C++ class destructors. When I
search, I find references to CPP_Destructor pragma in some
documentation, but when I compile the code, I get a warning stating that
the pragma is unknown. I have tried GNAT 3.15p, gcc 3.4.2 and gcc 4.0.1,
all the same.

As the pragma doesn't seem to exist, contrary to older documentation, I
assume it it has been removed due to it doesn't work, or was deemed
unneccesary.

Regardless of reasons, I 1) wonder the history behind this, 2) how to
call the destructor of the C++ class from Ada side, or why I shouldn't.

Well, any pointers is appreciated...

Regards,
/Andreas