From: "Frode Tennebø" <frode@tennebo.com>
Subject: Re: Old ADA exectuables on Solaris.
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 23:48:51 +0200
Date: 2001-06-28T23:48:51+02:00	[thread overview]

On Thursday 28 June 2001 01:03 Steve Scandore wrote:

> I have an old executable compiled from ADA code (around 1998). I
> recently tried to run the program on a Solaris workstation and
> consistently receive the following error.
>
> ** MAIN PROGRAM ABANDONED -- EXCEPTION "constraint_error" RAISED

What hardware are you running on? From memory, this resembles very much
the error you get when compiled with a certain version of the Sun Ada
compiler (2.1.1?) running on Ultras. Try running the binary on a Sparc
Station 20 or lower. I _think_ the 3.0 version fixed this.

Regards,
 -Frode

--
^ Frode Tenneb� | email: frode@tennebo.com | Frode@IRC ^
|  with Standard.Disclaimer; use Standard.Disclaimer;  |