* Re: Need help with semaphores
       [not found] ` <D77A0F.C8t@lazrus.cca.rockwell.com>
@ 1995-04-22  0:00   ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1995-04-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>In article <3mjtms$ksu@pegasus.rutgers.edu>, craighd@pegasus.rutgers.edu (Craig Davis) writes:
>|> I need help with writing a program that uses semaphores.  I'm not
>|> sure of the syntax for "wait" and "signal" entries.
>|>
>|> I am supposed to create two instances of type semaphore.  Each
>|> semaphore is initially set to 1.  "accept wait" subtracts 1, while
>|> "accept signal" adds 1.  I was told that ada has a pre-defined semaphore type.

Another book worht picking up is Burns' and Davies' "Concurrent
Programming"(Addison-Wesley, ISBN: 0-201-54417-2).  It uses Pascal-FC
as the promary language, but it also discusses Ada95 in there.  The
Pascal-FC language actually adopts the "protected type" syntax of
Ada95, so the mapping is relatively isomorphic.

--
      Frustrated with C, C++, Pascal, Fortran?  Ada95 _might_ be for you!
	  For all sorts of interesting Ada95 tidbits, run the command:

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-04-22  0:00 UTC | newest]