From: jmartin@kaiwan009.kaiwan.com (Jay M Martin)
Subject: Re: No top schools use Ada
Date: 1995/04/21
Date: 1995-04-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> Actually, CMU is a pretty good SE school too,.....

Actually I thought that CMU was THE preeminent SE school!  Lets see,
its at the very top of the ratings and they actually care about SE
(one of the few!).  Looking at MIT,Cornell and Stanford, no software
engineering professors, gee I wonder what they think of SE.  My school
is in the top 12 and it has no software engineering professors.  In
fact, in the past a very famous SE professor was given the boot on the
basis that "SE is not worthy of study".  To many CS professors for
example feel that "modules" are not important CS concepts, this is
because modules are for making modular code which is important for
large projects.  But large projects are in the domain of Software
Engineering, which of course is not worthy of study by Computer
Science.  No wonder Ada and other SE languages don't have a chance
in academia.

Jay