From: dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (David Weller)
Subject: Re: What kind of people like Ada?
Date: 1995/04/19
Date: 1995-04-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3n3um2$s0i@salyko.cube.net>,
Oliver Kellogg <okellogg@cube.net> wrote:
>For a popular perception of what kind of people program in Ada, turn
>to chapter 1.4.3 ("Programming languages and utilities") of "Linux
>Installation and Getting Started", version 2.1.1, by Matt Welsh.
>The second paragraph says:
>
>"   Besides C and C++, many other compiled and interpreted programming
>  languages have been ported to Linux, such as Smalltalk, FORTRAN, Pascal,
>  LISP, Scheme, and Ada (if you're masochistic enough to program in Ada --
>  we're not going to stop you.)  "

For all of you Linux users (like myself), send a polite note to Matt
telling him that
1) Ada users aren't masochists (well, most of us aren't :-)
2) There are a lot of Linux activists who are also Ada activists, and
that we deserve better comments than what's currently in the Linux
guide.

All we want is parity.  I don't think that's too much to ask.

Matt can be reached at:
	mdw@sunsite.unc.edu

--
      Frustrated with C, C++, Pascal, Fortran?  Ada95 _might_ be for you!
	  For all sorts of interesting Ada95 tidbits, run the command: