From: Gene Ouye <geneo@rational.com>
Subject: Re: NEED Float to ASCII Conversion function
Date: 1995/04/19
Date: 1995-04-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) wrote:

>I trust Gene that you know that Ada 95 provides this function in
>convenient form ( the Image function can be used for Float in Ada 95,
>but not in Ada 83)

YUP!!  It made me very happy, too!  Now we have it for ALL scalar
types (not just the discrete types)  8-)

But, like I said, I figured, (perhaps incorrectly) that the inquirer
was either doing a simple class exercise, or had recently discovered
that in Ada83 the 'Image attribute only worked on discrete types.  So,
the Ada95 solution probably wouldn't help much (hmm, are we talking
Ada83 or Ada95 when someone poses a question... haven't I seen that
thread before?  ;-)

Now if only the 'Image attribute let me give it all the parameters
that were in the Float_Io.Put procedure... then I'd really be happy.
                                                      ;-)

--
Gene Ouye <geneo@rational.com>