* Determining exception name in DEC Ada
@ 1995-04-06  0:00 RWTMS1::SSEVAX::GRAZIANIA
From: RWTMS1::SSEVAX::GRAZIANIA @ 1995-04-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

        Using DEC Ada on VAX/VMS systems, is there a way to determine which
exception has occurred without having to specifically trap it within the
exception handler.
        For example, I'd like to be able to do something like:
begin
    [blah]
    [blah]
    [blah]
exception
    when others =>
        text_io.put_line ("A " & exception_name & " has occurred.");
end;

        I don't want to have to do something like:
begin
    [blah]
    [blah]
    [blah]
exception
    when constraint_error =>
        text_io.put_line ("A constraint_error has occurred.");
    when numeric_error =>
        text_io.put_line ("A numeric_error has occurred.");
    when program_error =>
        text_io.put_line ("A program_error has occurred.");
    when others =>
        text_io.put_line ("A exception occurred and I have no idea which one.");
end;

Thanks in advance.
Alain Graziani
graziani%rwtms1.ssevax.decnet@consrt.rockwell.com
"I feel the need for speed."

International Space Station Alpha
Rocketdyne Division
Rockwell International

* Re: Determining exception name in DEC Ada
@ 1995-04-07  0:00 Ken Balmy
From: Ken Balmy @ 1995-04-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>       Using DEC Ada on VAX/VMS systems, is there a way to determine which
> exception has occurred without having to specifically trap it within the
> exception handler.

ditto for VADSworks (or any/all other Ada compilers for that matter)