From: griest-tom@cs.yale.edu (Tom Griest)
Subject: Re: Win NT linker for GNAT
Date: 1995/04/05
Date: 1995-04-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

WHITER@crpl.cedar-rapids.lib.ia.us writes:
>  There have been a few posts recently in comp.lang.ada and
>comp.os.ms-windows.nt.misc about the lack of a linker for NT without
>buying Visual C.  Just to set the record straight there is a linker
>supplied with  NT Workstation 3.5 that works with the Labtek GNAT
>Ada2.03a. The following  is a dump of where to find it on the
>distribution CDROM.  I acknowledge this may not continue in future
>NT updates.  But please, Microsoft, make it  so......

We are also working on getting the GNU "ld" to work on WinNT
and Win95.  (BTW, GNAT-2.03/NT does run on the Win95 beta!,
Also, Gnat-2.04 has been built and is being tested in-house.
It should be available at ftp.cs.yale.edu/pub/gnat and perhaps
NYU next week.)

>  Another problem is that the Labtek GNAT distribution assumes the
>existence of Windows NT Visual C header files and libraries.  That is a
>tougher nut to  Hcrack!

We are working on this as well.  Can't say exactly when this
will all be worked out, but hopefully by mid-summer.
Certainly before Win95 is released.  :-)

Tom Griest
LabTek Corp.