From: ct_oreg@vega.concordia.ca (Chris O'Regan)
Subject: Re: converting lower case to upper case
Date: 1995/04/02
Date: 1995-04-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3llhpu$18v@nyx10.cs.du.edu>

GS := Greg Schmitt <gschmitt@nyx10.cs.du.edu>

GS>Hi all.  I am doing an ada project and I need to convert lower
GS>case character to a upper case character. Is there a simple way
GS>to do this such as:

   You can easily create your own To_Upper function like this:

	function To_Upper (Cin : Character) return Character is
	   I : Integer;
	   Cout : Character;
	begin
	   I := Character'Pos ('a') - Character'Pos ('Z');
	   if Cin in 'a'..'z' then
	      Cout := Character'Val (Character'Pos (Cin) - I);
	   else
	      Cout := Cin;
	   end if;
	   return Cout;
	end;

   I believe that the character set is standard, so you could redeclare "I"
as:

	I : constant Integer := 32;

Chris O'Regan

  Chris O'Regan                                     Computer Engineering
  ct_orega@ECE.Concordia.CA                         Concordia University