* Re: Sources for Ada Programmers/Software Engineers
       [not found] <1995Mar31.141824.18029@sei.cmu.edu>
@ 1995-03-31  0:00 ` Colin James III
From: Colin James III @ 1995-03-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1995Mar31.141824.18029@sei.cmu.edu>,
James Cardow <jec@sei.cmu.edu> wrote:
>In the last few months we have experienced difficulty in locating Ada
>programmers and software engineers to fill positions within the
>company supporting our customers.  Now we are considering several
>proposals which will require additional Ada expertise.  I need to
>find:
>
>	A) Schools that provide students with a sound foundation in
>Ada (much more that just a single course in Ada).
>	B) Locations that have larger supplies of Ada programmers than
>Ada positions.
>	c) Sources of resumes for Ada folks.
>	D) Ada programmers that can survive the frozen Florida winter.
>
>Our current contracts require degrees and 3 years experience.  The
>proposals  we are looking at might not.  If you have suggestions,
>please provide them to me.  I'm especially interested in schools with
>good Ada programs.  I've heard good things about FIT and U or New
>Orleans are there others?
>
>Please note, I'm using an sei account as an affiliate, so don't slam
>the sei for not knowing where ada schools are.  I've lost touch with
>the Ada world and need to be reconnected.
>
>Jim Cardow
>TYBRIN Corporation
>1283 N. Eglin Parkway
>Shalimar FL 32579

Well, Jim, you're in Florida too, but your post contradicts Paul Morris
who has headed down south to Florida.  See his message here...

@ 1995-04-02  0:00 ` Bo I. Sanden
From: Bo I. Sanden @ 1995-04-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

James Cardow (jec@sei.cmu.edu) wrote:
: In the last few months we have experienced difficulty in locating Ada
: programmers and software engineers to fill positions within the
: company supporting our customers.  Now we are considering several
: proposals which will require additional Ada expertise.  I need to
: find:

: 	A) Schools that provide students with a sound foundation in
: Ada (much more that just a single course in Ada).

George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia has a graduate software
engineering program that stresses Ada (and Ada 95).

Bo Sanden
Assoc. Prof.

@ 1995-04-03  0:00 ` James A. Krzyzanowski
From: James A. Krzyzanowski @ 1995-04-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

James Cardow (jec@sei.cmu.edu) wrote:
: In the last few months we have experienced difficulty in locating Ada
: programmers and software engineers to fill positions within the
: company supporting our customers.  Now we are considering several
: proposals which will require additional Ada expertise.  I need to
: find:

: 	A) Schools that provide students with a sound foundation in
: Ada (much more that just a single course in Ada).
: 	B) Locations that have larger supplies of Ada programmers than
: Ada positions.
: 	c) Sources of resumes for Ada folks.
: 	D) Ada programmers that can survive the frozen Florida winter.

Contact Paul Morris (see another post in this newsgroup for info).
--
Not necessarily the opinion of the company...
James A. Krzyzanowski - Senior Software Engineer - AFATDS