* comp.lang.ada.jobs ???
@ 1995-03-20 20:29 Britt Snodgrass
From: Britt Snodgrass @ 1995-03-20 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think it would be useful to have a comp.lang.ada.jobs subgroup
to help those of us looking for Ada related jobs.  Any comments?
Does anyone know how to set it up?

--
+================================================================+
| Britt Snodgrass                          e-mail: britt@acm.org |

* Re: comp.lang.ada.jobs ???
@ 1995-03-20 23:08 ` rramsey
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: rramsey @ 1995-03-20 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think it's a good idea.
Rick

* Re: comp.lang.ada.jobs ???
@ 1995-03-21  0:28 ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1995-03-21  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <199503202029.OAA02567@mail.cs.utexas.edu>,
Britt Snodgrass <britt@molokai.46tg.af.mil> wrote:
>I think it would be useful to have a comp.lang.ada.jobs subgroup
>to help those of us looking for Ada related jobs.  Any comments?
>Does anyone know how to set it up?

Given the amount of traffic on c.l.a, I don't see how you'd justify a
CFV for such a newsgroup.  On the brighter side, you'll find job
postings on the SIGAda web page (start at http://www.acm.org/sigada/)

--
      Frustrated with C, C++, Pascal, Fortran?  Ada95 _might_ be for you!
	  For all sorts of interesting Ada95 tidbits, run the command:

* Re: comp.lang.ada.jobs ???
@ 1995-03-21 12:17 ` Mike Meier
From: Mike Meier @ 1995-03-21 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Britt Snodgrass (britt@molokai.46tg.af.mil) wrote:
: I think it would be useful to have a comp.lang.ada.jobs subgroup
: to help those of us looking for Ada related jobs.  Any comments?
: Does anyone know how to set it up?

This is only helpful if you have web access, but a jobs list is already
maintained under the SigAda home page at
  http://www.acm.org/sigada/jobs.html/
by Brad Balfour.  It looks to be quite helpful, but I wouldn't really
know since I'd rather not find out right now.

* Re: comp.lang.ada.jobs ???
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1995-03-23 14:27 ` Caroline
From: Caroline @ 1995-03-23 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <199503202029.OAA02567@mail.cs.utexas.edu>,
britt@molokai.46tg.af.mil says...

>I think it would be useful to have a comp.lang.ada.jobs subgroup
>to help those of us looking for Ada related jobs.  Any comments?
>Does anyone know how to set it up?
>
>--
>+================================================================+
>| Britt Snodgrass                          e-mail: britt@acm.org |
>|                                          member: Team Ada      |
>+================================================================+

You can post to micom.news to request new groups.  Charles Aulds is the
Administrator.

Caroline

* Re: comp.lang.ada.jobs ???
@ 1995-03-24 22:35   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1995-03-24 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't think it is worth having a separate group. THe total amount of traffic
on CLA is quite light (compared to other groups I read). I think people
should feel free to post brief job related posts. Obviously you don't send
giant resumes or job descriptions, that material can be exchanged by email.

* Re: comp.lang.ada.jobs ???
@ 1995-03-28  0:00   ` R. William Beckwith
From: R. William Beckwith @ 1995-03-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

| Objective Interface Systems has another opening for an |
| entry level Tech Support Engineer.                     |

To qualify for the position, you must:

    Love Ada!

    Have good verbal communication skills

    Possess good Ada 83 programming skills

    Have a helpful nature

Knowledge in any of following areas is useful.
(you will learn them at OIS if you don't know them already)

     Computer systems architectures

     Object-oriented design

     Object-oriented programming (Ada95, C++, Smalltalk, etc.)

     Ada 95 programming

     Ada compiler usage:  Apex, VADS, Ada World,
			  ObjectAda, LegacyAda. ...

     Sybase and/or SQL programming

     Building systems with CORBA

     Xlib/Xt/Motif programming

     Unix usage

     OpenVMS usage

     Windows 3.1 and/or NT setup and usage

     Multi-threaded, distributed GUI's

 As you can see, there is alot to learn here at OIS.
 Thus, we are interested in people who have the
 aptitude and attitude to learn new technologies.

 The person in this position will attend various
 Sybase, CORBA, and other training classes.

 We have a very thin middle management layer here so
 you must be self-motivated and self-directed.

 This position does not involve coding on a daily basis.
 Thus, you will not have the constant pressures that the
 development staff has and will get the satisfaction of
 helping many wonderful Ada customers.

 However, if you're inclined to join the 24 hour frenzy
 in the development lab, this position is the right place
 to start.  (In fact, the TS Engr we hired two months ago
 is moving into development as our Porting Engineer.)

 The environment is relaxed and pleasant.  OIS has an
 excellent health, dental, and eye care benefits plan.
 The compensation package includes stock options.
 Salary level commensurate with experience.

 Please email resumes to the attention of
 Fred.Baldwin@ois.com.