From: tore@lis.pitt.edu (Tore Joergensen)
Subject: Re: GNAT for OS/2 and general GNU questions ...
Date: 25 Mar 1995 07:30:49 GMT
Date: 1995-03-25T07:30:49+00:00	[thread overview]

Arcadio Alivio Sincero (lotu@wam.umd.edu) wrote:
: <deleted>  Are the Ada95, Fortran, and
: soon-to-be Extended Pascal GNU compilers merely TRANSLATORS to C or
: something? <deleted>
No. The GNU compiler is some kind of a multilanguage compiler. I'm not
quite sure how it works, but it is not a C translator.

: Also, is there a full screen, source level debugger available for GNAT?
: <deleted> something like that available for OS/2 only for Ada95?
I've heard about a debugger that thinks it is C code. You can debug,
but you don't get the Ada-code. I've heard they will make an Ada-version
when the compiler is finished. Don't know if it is fullscreen.

: <deleted>
Tore B. Joergensen,    |    e-mail:     tore@lis.pitt.edu
a norwegian student    |    snail-mail: 2201 Pittockstr.
a long way from home.  |                Pittsburgh, 15217 PA