* Request for Info re Nyberg's AARM
@ 1995-03-22 18:34 Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 1995-03-22 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to purchase the book The Annotated Ada Reference Manaual,
by K. Nyberg.  The publisher was listed as Grebyn Corporation, which I
don't have any information on.  Do you have an ISBN?  How do I contact
the publisher?  How do I order the book?

Thanks.

Matthew Heaney
f22heaney@mass.dnet.hac.com

* Re: Request for Info re Nyberg's AARM
@ 1995-03-23 13:18 ` Magnus Kempe
From: Magnus Kempe @ 1995-03-23 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthew Heaney <F22HEANEY@MASS.DNET.HAC.COM> writes:
: I would like to purchase the book The Annotated Ada Reference Manaual,
: by K. Nyberg.  The publisher was listed as Grebyn Corporation, which I
: don't have any information on.  Do you have an ISBN?  How do I contact
: the publisher?  How do I order the book?

(my 2nd edition lists the following address)

Grebyn Corporation
PO Box 497
Vienna, VA 22183-0497

What is the AARM for Ada 83?
  Contains the full text of ANSI/MIL-STD-1815A with inline annotations
  derived from the Ada Rapporteur Group of the International
  Organization for Standards responsible for maintaining the Ada
  language.

What is the AARM for Ada 95?
  Contains the entire text of the Ada 9X standard (ISO/IEC 8652:1995(E)),
  plus various annotations.  It is intended primarily for compiler
  writers, validation test writers, and other language lawyers.  The
  annotations include detailed rationale for individual rules and
  explanations of some of the more arcane interactions among the rules.

Bonus question: Is the AARM 95 available in hypertext?
  Not yet :-).
--
Magnus Kempe		"I know not what course others may take, but as for me,
Magnus.Kempe@di.epfl.ch  Give me Liberty... or give me Death!" -- Patrick Henry

* Re: Request for Info re Nyberg's AARM
@ 1995-03-23 13:35 ` Karl A. Nyberg
From: Karl A. Nyberg @ 1995-03-23 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <01HOFM8I8V6A00PYD2@EDEN1.HAC.COM> Matthew Heaney <F22HEANEY@MASS.DNET.HAC.COM> writes:
>I would like to purchase the book The Annotated Ada Reference Manaual,
>by K. Nyberg.  The publisher was listed as Grebyn Corporation, which I
>don't have any information on.  Do you have an ISBN?  How do I contact
>the publisher?  How do I order the book?

I have transferred distribution of the Annotated Ada Reference Manual to the
Ada Resource Association, 614-538-9232.  The organization is going to be
offering it as a "member benefit", or something like that for individual
members, and will probably sell additional copies, although I am not
familiar with whatever process is in place for that.

NOTE: This is the 1983 version of the manual with annotations derived from
ISO's Ada Rapporteur Group (the folks who maintain the language standard).
It is NOT the 1995 AARM, which has co-opted the name.

And by the way, I have an obvious financial interest in this... :-)

-- Karl --

--
Karl A. Nyberg				karl@grebyn.com
Post Office Box 47			Grebyn Corporation

* Re: Request for Info re Nyberg's AARM
@ 1995-03-24 22:34   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1995-03-24 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am sure that I don't need to point this out to Magnus who has worked
furiously on making all sorts of material available, and is no doubt
hard at work on the AARM, but it will be VERY nice to have the RM set up
so that you can click on any paragraph and get the annotations :-)