* Socket programming
@ 1995-03-20  6:01 Gary Foster
From: Gary Foster @ 1995-03-20  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok, maybe this is a stupid question, but I'd really like to do some
socket programming under gnat on my linux box instead of using c/c++.
Are there any packages to support this?  Is this supported or possible
under the os/2 emx version, also?  Also, does anyone know of any
way to bind tk widgets from Ada?  Again, I can do this using C, but I'd
much prefer a cleaner language.

Any pointers to any FM's to RT would be gratefully appreciated.

--
-- Gary F.

PGP public key available: finger gfoster@netcom.com
Alternate email address: gfoster@nummi.com

* Re: Socket programming
@ 1995-03-23 18:07 ` Brian Hanson
From: Brian Hanson @ 1995-03-23 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article IxJ@netcom.com, gfoster@netcom.com (Gary Foster) writes:
> Also, does anyone know of any
> way to bind tk widgets from Ada?  Again, I can do this using C, but I'd
> much prefer a cleaner language.
Checkout Adatcl7.3 at
  ftp://www.cs.colorado.edu/homes/arcadia/public_html/adatcl.html
  ftp://ftp.cs.colorado.edu/pub/cs/distribs/arcadia/adatcl.tar.Z

I have not tried it but did note the location when I encountered it while
browsing.
--
-- Brian Hanson
-- brh@cray.com

* Re: Socket programming
@ 1995-03-24 12:17   ` Kenneth Price {83572}
From: Kenneth Price {83572} @ 1995-03-24 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

brh@cray.com (Brian Hanson) wrote:

> In article IxJ@netcom.com, gfoster@netcom.com (Gary Foster) writes:
> > Also, does anyone know of any
> > way to bind tk widgets from Ada?  Again, I can do this using C, but I'd
> > much prefer a cleaner language.
> Checkout Adatcl7.3 at
>   ftp://www.cs.colorado.edu/homes/arcadia/public_html/adatcl.html
>   ftp://ftp.cs.colorado.edu/pub/cs/distribs/arcadia/adatcl.tar.Z
>
> I have not tried it but did note the location when I encountered it while
> browsing.
> --
> -- Brian Hanson
> -- brh@cray.com

I believe the first site should be:

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/homes/arcadia/public_html/adatcl.html

* Re: Socket programming
@ 1995-03-24 21:21 ` Cyrille Comar
From: Cyrille Comar @ 1995-03-24 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

gfoster@netcom.com (Gary Foster) writes:
: Ok, maybe this is a stupid question, but I'd really like to do some
: socket programming under gnat on my linux box instead of using c/c++.

You may want to ask this question by e-mail to Laurent
(pautet@enst.fr) who is very knowledgable about this kind of stuff.
You can also wait for the distributed annex to be implemented (should
come soon, now). It will do all the low-level communication for you...
Cyrille Comar,                                  E-mail: comar@cs.nyu.edu
Gnat Project                                    US phone: (212) 998-3489