* FINAL ANNOUNCE: On-Line Foothill College C++ Course
@ 1995-03-22  6:58 FGA
From: FGA @ 1995-03-22  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

This announcement is a repost to groups where we thought
C++ would be of particular interest. We are also posting to
some groups, in which we felt there was a good chance that
potential C++ programmers were lurking in the background!
Thanks for the bandwidth.

                   FOOTHILL GLOBAL ACCESS

Foothill Community College in Los Altos Hills, California announces
an Internet-driven, 5-unit, university-transferable course in C++.
This is the same C++ course that has been taken locally, by hundreds
of students each year here in Silicon Valley. It is now being offered
world-wide via the Internet, beginning April 5, 1995.  Registration
deadline is March 28.

The course is CIS-25C1-02, "Object-Oriented Programming in C++", and
is a beginning course in C++ for the programmer already familiar with
the C language.

The course emphasizes a comfortable format, utilizing:

   * A 12 week timetable, topics introduced at a pace compatible
     with most working students.
   * A published, proven text, which students can read away from
     the computer, minimizing connect-fatigue.
   * Instructor's notes and sample programs, distributed weekly.
   * Student access to instructor through e-mail with some WWW
     support.

Foothill College is a California Community College,  therefore, the
cost of the course is based on California and U.S. residency as well
as previous education.  Students must apply to Foothill, and register
for the course in March in order to meet the April 5 start date.
Course enrollment is limited to 200 world-wide.

To apply, or get more detailed information:

   * e-mail info@fga.fhda.edu
or
   * go to http://wwwfh.fhda.edu/
	or http://www.fhda.edu/foothill/
	and follow the CTIS and FOOTHILL GLOBAL ACCESS links.

For more information call 415-949-7236.
Foothill Global Access - Foothill College
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, CA 94022

* Re: FINAL ANNOUNCE: On-Line Foothill College C++ Course
@ 1995-03-22 13:09 ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1995-03-22 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <foothillD5ty28.A7J@netcom.com>, FGA <foothill@netcom.com> wrote:
>This announcement is a repost to groups where we thought
>C++ would be of particular interest. We are also posting to
>some groups, in which we felt there was a good chance that
>potential C++ programmers were lurking in the background!
>Thanks for the bandwidth.

Hmm, well, for those of you who don't know C++ yet, I'd recommend it.
 By the time you're finished with the course, you'll feel very secure
 in deleting comp.lang.c++ from your .newsrc and sticking with Ada95
 :-)

--
      Frustrated with C, C++, Pascal, Fortran?  Ada95 _might_ be for you!
	  For all sorts of interesting Ada95 tidbits, run the command: