* Colbert OOAD with Ada
@ 1995-03-21 18:46 David Paton
From: David Paton @ 1995-03-21 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone had experience using the Colbert methodology to develop
real-time Ada applications?

I have been told that it has some features that are specifically tailored
for real-time development.

Please email me if you can offer any info.  If there is enough interest I
will post a summary.
 --
dpaton@gate.net

* Re: Colbert OOAD with Ada
@ 1995-03-22 16:56 ` Doc Elliott
From: Doc Elliott @ 1995-03-22 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3kn6te$r9c@tequesta.gate.net>, dpaton@gate.net says...

>Has anyone had experience using the Colbert methodology to develop
>real-time Ada applications?
>
>I have been told that it has some features that are specifically
tailored
>for real-time development.
>
>Please email me if you can offer any info.  If there is enough interest
>will post a summary.
> --
>dpaton@gate.net

We used OOSD method for a kinetic missile fire control system which is
almost complete.  We are currently in the final integration and testing
phase at system level.  Colbert was excellent and his method provides a
very good link-up between 2167A, the phases of development,
documentation, real-time design, and system engineering.

Tools were the real downfall.  We had lots of tool problems, and trying
to do Colbert by hand is a losing proposition.

email me if you want details.  It will take some time because the
security guy gets real nervous about such things, but I can get through
that if you're interested.  May take some time.

--
Doc Elliott
KE4KUZ