From: tmoran@bix.com
Subject: Re: GNAT non-validation
Date: 18 Mar 1995 00:32:52 GMT
Date: 1995-03-18T00:32:52+00:00	[thread overview]

>No doubt you are aware that the contract is written as it is for
>purely political reasons
No, I am innocent of any knowledge of the process that led to GNAT.

>GNAT will be validated, first on the SGI, because SGI will pay
>ACT to do it.
Sounds like a mighty inexpensive way for SGI to get a compiler!
I would think lots of hardware and OS vendors would see that.  And it
will certainly help portability when all machines have the same ACT
compiler, with the same design decisions, implemented/not-implemented
parts, etc.

>My understanding is that several other platforms will be
>validated at the same time, presumably SunOS4.x and OS/2.
Are Sun and IBM paying for the SunOS4.x and OS/2 validations then?
Maybe Microsoft will pay for the NT validation?