* Booch Components - Source
@ 1995-03-10  9:12 Marc Kiebooms
From: Marc Kiebooms @ 1995-03-10  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am looking for the source of the booch components, specifically
the part about graphs.
Any reference to public or commercial source is welcome.
Should alternative libraries be available I would be pleased to hera about them.

Thanks

* Re: Booch Components - Source
@ 1995-03-10 17:48 ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1995-03-10 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3jp55u$8hq@rc1.vub.ac.be>,
Marc Kiebooms <mkieboom@vub.ac.be> wrote:
>I am looking for the source of the booch components, specifically
>the part about graphs.
>Any reference to public or commercial source is welcome.
>Should alternative libraries be available I would be pleased to hera about them.

The source for the Ada83 Booch COmponents are copyrighted and can
only be obtained from Grady Booch (Wizard Software).  The source for
the Ada95 Booch Components will be publicly available under GNU
copyleft.  The first general release of the Booch COmponents should
be in the early summer, maybe sooner if GNAT cooperates :-)

--
      Frustrated with C, C++, Pascal, Fortran?  Ada95 _might_ be for you!
	  For all sorts of interesting Ada95 tidbits, run the command:

* Re: Booch Components - Source
@ 1995-03-13 18:12   ` Theodore Dennison
From: Theodore Dennison @ 1995-03-13 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dweller

David Weller <dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM> wrote:
> The source for the Ada83 Booch COmponents are copyrighted and can
> only be obtained from Grady Booch (Wizard Software).  The source for
> the Ada95 Booch Components will be publicly available under GNU
> copyleft.  The first general release of the Booch COmponents should
> be in the early summer, maybe sooner if GNAT cooperates :-)

Doesn't Grady Booch have a problem with someone else releasing
"Booch Components"? I'm suprised he is so generous with his
name.

T.E.D.

* Re: Booch Components - Source
@ 1995-03-22  1:20     ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1995-03-22  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3k21ue$np4@theopolis.orl.mmc.com>,
Theodore Dennison  <dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com> wrote:
>David Weller <dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM> wrote:
>> The source for the Ada83 Booch COmponents are copyrighted and can
>> only be obtained from Grady Booch (Wizard Software).  The source for
>> the Ada95 Booch Components will be publicly available under GNU
>> copyleft.  The first general release of the Booch COmponents should
>> be in the early summer, maybe sooner if GNAT cooperates :-)
>
>Doesn't Grady Booch have a problem with someone else releasing
>"Booch Components"? I'm suprised he is so generous with his
>name.

Grady controls the design and public release cycle of the Booch
Components for Ada95.  I'm just providing the labor :-)  He's quite
aware of what's going on and has no problem with it.

--
      Frustrated with C, C++, Pascal, Fortran?  Ada95 _might_ be for you!
	  For all sorts of interesting Ada95 tidbits, run the command:
"finger dweller@starbase.neosoft.com | more" (or e-mail with "finger" as subj.)
		if u cn rd ths, u r gd enuf to chg to Ada   :-)