From: ct_oreg@vega.concordia.ca (Chris O'Regan)
Subject: Re: Linking problems...
Date: 12 Mar 1995 17:39:27 GMT
Date: 1995-03-12T17:39:27+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3jtqkp$6dh@gnat.cs.nyu.edu>

RD := Robert Dewar <dewar@cs.nyu.edu>

RD>Chris O'Regan, please send trouble reports using GNAT to gnat-report@cs.nyu.edu
RD>as specified in the documentation.

   I did not know that this was a bug in the early release of GNAT.  I
thought the error was caused by me missing a link option of some sort.

RD>Actually it is clear that you have not read the documentation, since it reminds
RD>you to be sure to pick up the latest version of the readme if you run into
RD>problems. I you had done so, you would have found that the problem you
RD>reported has been found and fixed, and you can either pick up a complete
RD>new version, or you can follow the directions and pick up the necessary
RD>updates and apply them to your version.

   Sorry, but I could not download the latest version of the README nor the
fix because they were *not* available when I uncovered the bug!  I did
followed-up my article when I found the fix.  *Sheesh*  I am not an idiot,
like you make me out to be.

Chris O'Regan
Computer Engineering,
Concordia University,