From: pug156@aol.com (Pug 156)
Subject: Re: ADA FUNCTIONS TO PROCEDURES
Date: 11 Mar 1995 11:26:51 -0500
Date: 1995-03-11T11:26:51-05:00	[thread overview]

I have never seen such a tool.  But, if one were to write it, it would be
required to have the *calling* software submitted to the tool, as well as
the subprograms in question.

Besides the obvious problem of converting the calls from function notation
into procedural,  it would have to be able to "unnest" function calls,
create the necessary temporary variables for each level of unnesting, and
line up the calls to the procedures such that the temporary variables get
populated correctly.  Not a trivial bit of work.

As I don't really have time to gen up this sort of thing, I suggest a
professor assign it to the class.  Give them access to a parser, so they
don't have to sort that bit out.