* Mil-Packaged, Rad-Hard processors with Ada compilers.
@ 1995-03-03 15:29 CONDIC
From: CONDIC @ 1995-03-03 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Marin David Condic, 407.796.8997, M/S 731-93
Subject: Mil-Packaged, Rad-Hard processors with Ada compilers.
Original_To:  PROFS%"SMTP@PWAGPDB"
Original_cc:  CONDIC

C.L.A.:

Hypothetically speaking, I might be looking for a Military
packaged, Rad-Hardened microprocessor which has a validated (and
avionics quality) Ada compiler available for it. I might also,
hypothetically speaking, of course, prefer it to be almost
anything else but a Mil-Std-1750a microprocessor. If there's
someone out there who has experience with something similar to
this and might have some advice, I'd be hypothetically
appreciative to hear about their experiences.

Please spare me anything in the M680x0 family since Motorola told
us recently "BOHICA! We aren't going to make Mil packaged stuff
no more!"

In dreamland, I'd like it to be a DEC Alpha processor with an
Ada95 compiler, but I know of no plans to target Alphas to
embedded, Mil-packaged, Rad-Hard applications and I also know of
no plans to target Ada95 to bare Alpha machines. Oh Well. Let's
wake up, have a cup of coffee, and look at what's available
today.

Thanks for the help.

Pax,
Marin

Marin David Condic, Senior Computer Engineer    ATT:        407.796.8997
M/S 731-93                                      Technet:    796.8997
Pratt & Whitney, GESP                           Internet:   CONDICMA@PWFL.COM
P.O. Box 109600                                 Internet:   MDCONDIC@AOL.COM
West Palm Beach, FL 33410-9600
    Please send responses to one of the addresses in this trailer.
    A "reply" to the address in the message header will bounce.
    "The Sexual Revolution is over and the microbes won."

        --  P. J. O'Rourke

* Re: Mil-Packaged, Rad-Hard processors with Ada compilers.
@ 1995-03-03 18:35 ` Stephen A. Leake
From: Stephen A. Leake @ 1995-03-03 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Talk to Roger Ellefson 703-367-6622, Loral Federal Systems. They're
getting ready to market a rad-hardened RS6000 VME board, with an Ada
compiler and run-time. I'm hoping to use it for GPS in a satellite
attitude control system; I can hardly wait!
- Stephe
--
Stephen Leake, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
email: Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov

* Re: Mil-Packaged, Rad-Hard processors with Ada compilers.
@ 1995-03-06 22:01 ` Garlington KE
From: Garlington KE @ 1995-03-06 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

CONDIC@PSAVAX.PWFL.COM wrote:
: Hypothetically speaking, I might be looking for a Military
: packaged, Rad-Hardened microprocessor which has a validated (and
: avionics quality) Ada compiler available for it. I might also,
: hypothetically speaking, of course, prefer it to be almost
: anything else but a Mil-Std-1750a microprocessor.

How about a MIL-STD-1750B, like that Honeywell chip? :)

The TI DSPs (C40, etc.) are mil-packaged, and they might be
rad-hardened. The Tartan tools are supposed to be pretty good
for them (at least, better than the 1750!).

: Please spare me anything in the M680x0 family since Motorola told
: us recently "BOHICA! We aren't going to make Mil packaged stuff
: no more!"

We've been told the same.

Ken Garlington                  GarlingtonKE@lfwc.lockheed.com
F-22 Computer Resources         Lockheed Fort Worth Co.

If LFWC or the F-22 program has any opinions, they aren't telling me.

* Re: Mil-Packaged, Rad-Hard processors with Ada compilers.
@ 1995-03-08 12:47   ` Gentle
From: Gentle @ 1995-03-08 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen A. Leake (sal714@rs710.gsfc.nasa.gov) wrote:
: Talk to Roger Ellefson 703-367-6622, Loral Federal Systems. They're
: getting ready to market a rad-hardened RS6000 VME board, with an Ada
: compiler and run-time. I'm hoping to use it for GPS in a satellite
: attitude control system; I can hardly wait!
: - Stephe
: --
: Stephen Leake, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
: email: Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov

Cool!  Maybe we can use it too on GPS MDU software here at ITT!  Any more
info on this?
- Jim

gentle@cnj.digex.net  -  Finger for PGP Public Key
Software Engineer
Edison, NJ

Twink code:
T6 C1 L2w h-(:) d-- av w- e+ g+ f t++(2,4,6,7,8) k++v s- m1 m2 q-

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've
always worked for me.
		-- Hunter S. Thompson

* Re: Mil-Packaged, Rad-Hard processors with Ada compilers.
@ 1995-03-13  3:12 ` Steve Wall
From: Steve Wall @ 1995-03-13  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <INFO-ADA%95030309294907@VM1.NODAK.EDU>, CONDIC@PSAVAX.PWFL.COM
wrote:

<
< Hypothetically speaking, I might be looking for a Military
< packaged, Rad-Hardened microprocessor which has a validated (and
< avionics quality) Ada compiler available for it. I might also,
< hypothetically speaking, of course, prefer it to be almost
< anything else but a Mil-Std-1750a microprocessor. If there's
< someone out there who has experience with something similar to
< this and might have some advice, I'd be hypothetically
< appreciative to hear about their experiences.
<
The Intel i960MX has been alleged to meet your requirements.  Don't
really know yet if it's rad hard, but it's claimed to be.

--
Steve W.

* Re: Mil-Packaged, Rad-Hard processors with Ada compilers.
@ 1995-03-30  0:00   ` John Daly
From: John Daly @ 1995-03-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

 wrote:

 <
 < Hypothetically speaking, I might be looking for a Military
 < packaged, Rad-Hardened microprocessor which has a validated (and
 < avionics quality) Ada compiler available for it.
 <

I'm (hypothetically of course) running Ada code on a hypothetically
rad-hardened MIPS 3000 processor from Harris Corporation.  Verdix has
a compiler.  I don't know if the processor is being actively marketed.