From: griest-tom@cs.yale.edu (Tom Griest)
Subject: Re: debugging GNAT programs
Date: 6 Mar 1995 14:34:29 -0500
Date: 1995-03-06T14:34:29-05:00	[thread overview]

banner@cs.nyu.edu (Bernard Banner) writes:
>griest-tom@cs.yale.edu (Tom Griest) writes:
>: __gnat_raise is only called for unhandled exceptions (which was
>: the original question).  If you want to catch any exception you
>: have to also set a breakpoint on the longjmp routine.
>: (I'm not sure that this isn't used for things other than just
>: exception propogation, but it seems to work reliably.)
>:
>: -Tom
>
>__gnat_raise is called on every exception raised whether it is handled or
>not. __gnat_unhandled_exception is called only for unhandled exceptions.
>
>Bernard Banner

I remember having a problem catching an exception by just setting
a break on __gnat_raise.  Somehow (either through __gnat_reraise or
a direct reference in the generated code) __gnat_raise_nodefer was getting
invoked and the longjmp was getting taken without an intervening call
to __gnat_raise.

This was a couple of months ago, so things may be a little different
now.

_tom