From: weisek@source.asset.com (Kevin Weise)
Subject: Re: Ada and Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS)
Date: 6 Mar 1995 10:02:32 -0500
Date: 1995-03-06T10:02:32-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <3j7f5p$l5r@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>,
David Weller <dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM> wrote:{

>Actually, there's a company partnered with MaK Technologies that
>sells Ada DIS bindings.  Darned if I remember who they are at the
>moment.

This may be Coleman Research Corporation out of Orlando, FL.  I know
they have an Ada/DIS product, and are marketing it; but I'm darned if I
can remember how to contact them.  (CRC people here in Huntsville, AL
may be some help.)

>For those of you that are REAL gluttons for punishment, there's an
>interesting application that you can poke around with at the Naval
>Postgraduate School.  It's in C/C++, but I'm sure a reasonable
>motivated person could translate them if they were interested.  The
>site is ftp://taurus.cs.nps.navy.mil/pub/npsnet_mosaic.html
>
>Enjoy!

There's also supposed to be a *free* Ada/DIS implementation available
from AdaIC, sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/pub/AdaIC/tools/atip/adis, or
something like that.  It was done on SGI; BUT ...
a.  the Version 1.1 tar.gz file gunzips okay, but has a tar error, and
b.  the documentation is GROSSLY incomplete.  I have talked to both
    AdaIC and J.F. Taylor (sp?) about this, and they seem to be at odds about
    the documentation.  J.F. Taylor said they would give AdaIC a new
    copy of the documentation around the middle of January, AdaIC swears
    they haven't seen.  Maybe someone else can help them resolve their
    differences; I tried & failed.
Kevin J. Weise			weisek@source.asset.com
COLSA Corporation		Voice - (205) 922-1512 ext. 2115
6726 Odyssey Drive		FAX   - (205) 971-0002
Huntsville, AL  35806
{Standard Disclaimers about my opinions & my employer's opinions}
{... which are in conflict often enough}
"Admire those who seek the truth;
  avoid those who find it."		Marcel Proust