From: "Theodore E. Dennison" <dennison@escmail.mmc.orl.com>
Subject: Re: Ada and Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS)
Date: 1 Mar 1995 20:35:33 GMT
Date: 1995-03-01T20:35:33+00:00	[thread overview]

helliott@losat.redstone.army.mil (Doc Elliott) wrote:

> Does anyone have any DIS related Ada applications?  We are trying to host
> a Command and Control application on a DIS simulator.  The C2 app is
> written in mostly Ada, and we need to interface the C2 app to DIS.  What
> we really need is an Ada toolkit for sending, receiving, formatting etc
> etc of PDUs.  Does anybody have something we could use?  We could promise
> feedback or something of that nature if someone has a near term product
> they would like tested etc.  If such a commercial product exists, I would
> be interested in that as well.

This is getting to the point where it needs to be in the FAQ.

Yes, several folks have DIS-related Ada applications. There is, or
at least used to be, some "low-level" DIS bindings for Ada available
from Loral's DIS bbs. Low-level bindings are good for a
quick-and-dirty solution, but are really no better than coding your
application in C. I don't know if they are still floating around
anywhere. If Loral doesn't have them, you could try asking IST.

To my knowledge, there are no high-level Ada-DIS bindings commercially
available. We have a set we use internally here at Martin Marietta,
which might be for sale, if you can interest our marketting folk.

T.E.D.
dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com

p.s. Standard Disclaimer applies:
     I do NOT speak for MMC (or Lockheed)