From: kdm@rational.com (Kent Mitchell)
Subject: Re: Rational/Verdix Number Bug
Date: 1 Mar 1995 18:21:40 GMT
Date: 1995-03-01T18:21:40+00:00	[thread overview]

Mats Weber (Mats.Weber@matrix.ch) wrote:
: You should try this instead:

:  with text_io;
:  procedure test_float is
:    test : constant := 2147.486348;
:    double_test : constant := 2.0 * test;
:    half_test : constant := test / 2.0;
:    package flt_io is new text_io.float_io(float);
:  begin
:    flt_io.put(test);         -- implicit conversion universal_real -> float
:    text_io.new_line;
:    flt_io.put(double_test);  -- idem
:    text_io.new_line;
:    flt_io.put(half_test);    -- idem
:  end test_float;

To whoever posted this orignally (and my news has deleted the old
articles):

I've been trying to reproduce this problem but I've not yet been successful.
Can you tell me which platform, compiler target, compiler version this
problem can be reproduced on.  I can't seem to get it to happen for me
on the 6.2 version of VADS on solaris.  Also, do you have a support log
number for this defect so I can look at the log.

--
Kent Mitchell                   | One possible reason that things aren't
Technical Consultant            | going according to plan is .....