* ANNA
@ 1991-02-09 20:45 Stephen J Bevan
From: Stephen J Bevan @ 1991-02-09 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the little Ada that I've seen (i.e. here in this group and a few
Ada programs that I have access to) I've never seen ANNA[1] being used.

Does anybody actually use ANNA to annotate their programs ?

Stephen J. Bevan		bevan@cs.man.ac.uk

BTW I don't use Ada, as I haven't got a compiler.  I'm waiting for GNU Ada :-)

[1]
@MANUAL{Luckham-etal87,
  TITLE = {ANNA A Language for Annotating Ada Programs},
  AUTHOR = {Luckham, David C. and von Henke, Friedreich W. and
	    Krieg-Br{\"u}ckner, Bernd and Owe, Olaf},
  YEAR = {1987},
  NOTE = {LNCS 260}
}

* Re: Anna
       [not found] ` <3hqhe9$h66@watnews1.watson.ibm.com>
@ 1995-02-28  4:48   ` Richard A. O'Keefe
From: Richard A. O'Keefe @ 1995-02-28  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I asked:
    Has anything been written about how one
    ought to go about annotating O-O Ada?

ncohen@watson.ibm.com (Norman H. Cohen) writes:
>Yes, a book called _Object-Oriented_Software_Construction_, by Bertrand
>Meyer.  For some reason ;-), all the examples are in Eiffel rather than
>Ada 95, but the basic approach carries over.

I already have that book, and a set of Eiffel manuals.  For that and other
reasons, the reply somewhat misses the point.  I am well aware of the idea
of representation invariants and method invariants inheriting from parents,
and I am aware of how that is expressed in Eiffel.

The question is:  HOW IS THAT TO BE SAID IN ANNA?
Is there, for example, a new Anna-95 notation all worked out, or is there
perhaps a (relatively) widely understood way of expressing the same idea
using existing Anna?
--
"The complex-type shall be a simple-type."  ISO 10206:1991 (Extended Pascal)
Richard A. O'Keefe; http://www.cs.rmit.edu.au/~ok; RMIT Comp.Sci.