From: pug156@aol.com (Pug 156)
Subject: Re: Assembler to Ada Reverse Ratio o
Date: 27 Feb 1995 23:39:06 -0500
Date: 1995-02-27T23:39:06-05:00	[thread overview]

I can't say where he got it, but my manager uses a 6:1 ratio.  Of course,
that isn't for a RISC machine.  So, he'd say 4K SLOCs (source lines of
code) of Ada should make about 24K instructions.  I tend to get about
twice he's rate, but I'm a big fan of generics and nested function calls.
He counts semicolons to generate a SLOC report.  Hope it helps.