From: bishopm@source.asset.com (Michael M. Bishop)
Subject: Re: Borland Ada
Date: 23 Feb 95 16:08:22 GMT
Date: 1995-02-23T16:08:22+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <60.18011.4393.0N1D0B41@canrem.com>,
Steve Shadoff <steve.shadoff@canrem.com> wrote:
>I was hoping that someone here cound tell me the following.
>
>1) Is there a Borland Ada compiler
>
>2) If not, will there be one soon?
>
>3) What price would it be?
>
>4) Does it use the OWL meta-windowing objects?

There is no Borland Ada compiler at this time and I'm not convinced
that such a thing will exist any time in the near future. I doubt that
Borland sees any major return on investment for an Ada compiler project
and at this point, I couldn't argue with them. If more people become
interested in Ada through initiatives such as GNAT, then it's possible
that other vendors (maybe even Borland) will get into the Ada arena. I
hope this happens because mainstream Ada compilers like IntegrAda and
ActivAda are hideously expensive for a single user who will only use it
at home.

--
| Mike Bishop              | The opinions expressed here reflect    |
| bishopm@source.asset.com | those of this station, its management, |