From: comar@cs.nyu.edu (Cyrille Comar)
Subject: Re: Type extension with GNAT
Date: 23 Feb 1995 09:59:24 -0500
Date: 1995-02-23T09:59:24-05:00	[thread overview]

dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) writes:
: I disagree with Robert Eachus' complaint about overloading and overriding.
: The critical point here is that constructors of this type should not
: be made primitive. THAT's the solution, and that's what we shold teach
: people to understand.

Since this bug will be done and redone by every single Ada95 beginner
we ought to treat it specially in GNAT. I don't see a significantly
better error message that would solve the problem so maybe what we
could do is to add an additionnal message:

    See file "Gnat_Common_Mistakes" paragraph "inheriting functions"

and provide some more detailed explanation on this problem in the
specified file. How does it sound?

Cyrille Comar,                                  E-mail: comar@cs.nyu.edu
Gnat Project                                    US phone: (212) 998-3489