* Sorry if FAQ
@ 1995-02-09  6:29 Dr Snow
From: Dr Snow @ 1995-02-09  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
	I installed the copy of gnat Ada for os2 today, and got the PM
bindings for it as well. Now after programming in dos (at uni) I would
like to write native os/2 programs using the PM bindings. Could someone
direct me to some documentation on writing(setting up) simple os/2 windows..

	When I say documentation, maybe a PM FAQ, or a good book, or such.

Thanks in advance.

 --
Paul Snow
	2nd Year Computer Science Student

	Spelling ?!?! SPELLING ?!?! We don't need no stinking spelling.

* Re: Looking for PM programming book...Sorry if FAQ
@ 1995-02-11  2:35 ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1995-02-11  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3hccp1$6e0@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au>,
Dr Snow <s9312644@arcadia.cs.rmit.EDU.AU> wrote:
>	I installed the copy of gnat Ada for os2 today, and got the PM
>bindings for it as well. Now after programming in dos (at uni) I would
>like to write native os/2 programs using the PM bindings. Could someone
>direct me to some documentation on writing(setting up) simple os/2 windows..
>
>	When I say documentation, maybe a PM FAQ, or a good book, or such.

First, this is actually one of those posts where you should have
crossposted to comp.os.os2.programmer.misc (don't worry, I've taken
care of it).  The book I used (which gave me sufficient information)
was "OS/2 2.1 Workplace Shell Programming" by Stefano Maruzzi.
Oddly, the book is more about PM programming than the WPS.  There are
critics of the book, citing errors, etc.  There are other PM
programming books out there, but I'm not familiar with the titles.
I'm sure somebody from c.o.o.p.m will have something to say. :-)

--
      Frustrated with C, C++, Pascal, Fortran?  Ada95 _might_ be for you!
	  For all sorts of interesting Ada95 tidbits, run the command: