From: jtown@fossa.navy.mil.nz (John Townsend)
Subject: Re: OCCAM programming probs
Date: 9 Feb 1995 20:04:53 GMT
Date: 1995-02-09T20:04:53+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <792175283snz@joino.demon.co.uk>, huey@joino.demon.co.uk (huey) writes:
>Can any one help with a small program that operates numerous functions
>CONCURRENTLY using the SPOOL technique ?
>
>What I am trying to do is have a spooling queue that acts as a buffer between
>several user terminals and/or programs and several print spooling programs all
>which run concurrently.i.e the buffer acts as a queue.
>
>The only functions reqd are to Append, Remove or reorder the queue.
>
>Any suggestions on how to approach/complete this ???????

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by the SPOOL technique,
but I have done a fair amount of Occam proggramming, though it was a
year or so since I last did any.

From what I understand that you want (buffering) I can't see any
problem, except perhaps with the re-ordering. Occam lend itself very
well to this problem, and if you are really desperate, I can probably
find a code example somewhere.

Of course, It may be that I don't understand what it is you want :-)

       o/\o/      \o_  _o/     \_o  o_/           Happiness
I have two loves in life: Dancing, and my SO.  Fortunately, I dance with my SO!!