From: csusb@csv.warwick.ac.uk (Jules)
Subject: Re: GNAT & Windows NT
Date: 9 Feb 1995 14:38:38 -0000
Date: 1995-02-09T14:38:38+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3h6o5j$ge8@gnat.cs.nyu.edu>,
	dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) writes:

>             This is nonsense, it is a 386/486/Pentium port (remember
>that these architectures are equivalent at the user level, modulo Pentium's
>well publicized incapability of guarateeing correct division results).

Note that a 386 is not necesarily compatible with 486/Pentium software, as
a 486DX or higher is guaranteed to have a floating-point coprocessor unit,
whereas 386s and 486SXs do not always have such a unit, and consequently
software emulation must be supplied. If software emulation is not supplied,
they will not be compatible.

--
/* Julian R Hall				csusb@csv.warwick.ac.uk

   Flames should be redirected to /dev/null - I don't know what
   I'm saying myself so don't expect it to make sense all the time!         */