From: dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (David Weller)
Subject: Re: Another SBIR, and Ada is still missing in action
Date: 8 Feb 1995 20:16:59 -0600
Date: 1995-02-08T20:16:59-06:00	[thread overview]

In article <3h8k3r$2n1@gnat.cs.nyu.edu>, Robert Dewar <dewar@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
>GNU Ada.  But that isn't good enough yet.  We need, at minimum, GNU Ada that
>comes with
>        ***easy to use BLAS and LAPACK bindings ready to go***
>as well as ODE integrators and minimization packages.
>
>Matt, why not just call Fortran routines directly. GNAT implements both
>pragma Import Fortran, to call Fortran routines, and pragma COnvention
>FOrtran (to switch the order of subsripts on arrays). Why do you need
>special bindings?

How silly, Robert -- that was _exactly_ what Matt was suggesting!
Remember, _somebody_ has to take the time to write the binding to
BLAS or LAPACK (and the last time I checked, that would take a little
bit of somebody's time).  All we need is a hardy volunteer -- I'm
already doing my share, so don't ask me :-)

--
      Frustrated with C, C++, Pascal, Fortran?  Ada95 _might_ be for you!
	  For all sorts of interesting Ada95 tidbits, run the command: