From: "Theodore E. Dennison" <dennison@escmail.mmc.orl.com>
Subject: Re: Availability of Ada Programmers
Date: 8 Feb 1995 15:57:45 GMT
Date: 1995-02-08T15:57:45+00:00	[thread overview]

cory@sanders.com (Cory Myers) wrote:

> One of the arguements that get made often in our company is that it is
> harder to get Ada programmers than C programmers and therefore we should
> either pay Ada programmers more or switch to C (where allowable).  I'd
> like to get any quantitative estimates about the availability of Ada
> programmers in general.  Does anyone have any idea of the percentage of
> college SW graduates who know C and the percentage that know Ada?  Does
> anyone have quantitative data about the training time required to learn
> Ada?  Thanks in advance.

Perhaps I'm missing something here. What exactly is the problem with
training the people you've got in Ada programming?

Sure, it will cost a bit up front. But you will only have to train
them ONCE. Just think of all the government Ada jobs you could
HONESTLY bid for, once you have deveolped a good stable of Ada
engineers!

Of course if you really want to pay Ada programmers way more than C
programmers, my e-mail address is:
   dennison@romulus.escmail.orl.mmc.com
:-)

T.E.D.