* Which ADA compiler for DOS
@ 1995-02-07  0:28 Frank Kooger
From: Frank Kooger @ 1995-02-07  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm new on ADA and on this list. I've read about some good ADA books
lately.
But what is a good ADA DOS compiler to make a start with and where can
I get it?
The same question for a Linux compiler. And how about Windows?
Anyway, I want to make a start in DOS.

This question must have been on this list many times before; sorry
for this one.

Frank Kooger
Holland

* Re: Which ADA compiler for DOS
@ 1995-02-07 22:41 ` Dave Retherford
From: Dave Retherford @ 1995-02-07 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <D3LtBs.17n@inter.NL.net>, Frank Kooger <F.Kooger@vanveen.nl>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new on ADA and on this list. I've read about some
> good ADA books lately.  But what is a good ADA DOS compiler to make a
> start with and where can I get it?  The same question for a Linux
> compiler. And how about Windows?  Anyway, I want to make a start in DOS.
> This question must have been on this list many times before; sorry
> for this one.
>
> Frank Kooger
> Holland

Frank,

Boy have I got a deal for you!

For a modest fee, say $1,000,000,000.00 US, I can point you to the FTP
site of - cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat - where you can not only find an Ada95
compiler for DOS you can find one for Linux.  For the DOS version you'll
need to pick up the djg112m2 gcc port also, unless you already have it.
There is not a Windows 3 version although there is a Windows NT version.

Remember, I have to receive my fee of $1,000,000,000.00 US before midnight
August 95 (er Windows 95, whatever.) in order for this offer to be valid.
At which time you will receive the FTP address (cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat) where
you can find an inexpensive Ada95 compiler (GNAT) for DOS, WinNT, Linux,
OS/2, SGI, HP, ad infinitum.

Note:  for those with a humor disability, this was my attempt to inject a
bit of humor into this post.  And...  before Weller, (you know who you
are) jumps all over me with "Yeah, a _litte_ bit of humor, let me point
out that I have been at home all day with a sick 3-yr old.  There is only
so much Seseame Street, Winne The Pooh, and, ... Ohhh no not that, not
_Barney_ , Nnnnoooo....! that I can take before my mind turns to mush.

One last time, unless I get my $1,000,000,000.00 (British pounds - hey I
just saw the exchange rate in the business section of my paper.) I will
not divulge the free GNAT/Ada95 compiler site at _ cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat _.  I
will continue to hold that information (cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat) a secret
until I get what I deserve (there, I left it open for you Dave :-).

Dave R.

p.s. For our European friends, I apologize if you don't know who Barney,
Elmo, Winnie, Tiger, Bert, Ernie, Baby Bop, et al is.  You have no idea
how much I envy ... er apologize.

| Dave Retherford                 | "Remember this:  While somebody is    |
|  Daver@Starbase.Neosoft.com     | is down there kissin' your butt,      |
|  Dave_Retherford@hso.link.com   | they could just as easily be bitin'   |
|       (work)                    | it too."  -- Forestt Gump             |