From: mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman)
Subject: Re: regular expressions
Date: 5 Feb 1995 21:39:11 -0500
Date: 1995-02-05T21:39:11-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <3h1h74$hnh@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>,
David Weller <dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM> wrote:
>In article <3gucrg$2dn@kaiwan009.kaiwan.com>,
>David D. Shochat <dshochat@kaiwan009.kaiwan.com> wrote:
>>Does anyone know of any regular expression pattern matching
>>tools in Ada? I looked throush the WC CDROM but didn't see
>>anything.

Try AFLEX, an Ada version of Flex (Lex), which I think is on the CD.
It may be a little heavyweight - it is really a lexical scanner builder,
but after all, regular expressions are the language of lexical scanners.

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman -  chair, SIGAda Education Working Group
The George Washington University -  Washington, DC 20052 USA
202-994-5919 (voice) - 202-994-0227 (fax) - mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)
One, two, three ways an underdog: Ada fan, Mac fan, Old Liberal Democrat
         Ada on the World-Wide Web: http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/