* Looking for copy of _Ada_In_Action_
@ 1995-01-24  2:04 ryang
From: ryang @ 1995-01-24  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I'm looking for a copy of _Ada_In_Action_, published by John
Wiley & Sons in 1989.  I'm told it's out of print.  Does anyone know
where to get a copy, or would be willing to part with theirs (for
suitable, er, remuneration) ?
--
Rob Yang                           Software Engineer       Cummins Electronics
Columbus, Indiana, USA                                    yang@cel.cummins.com

* Re: Looking for copy of _Ada_In_Action_
@ 1995-01-25  1:39 ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1995-01-25  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3g1qnv$458@nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu>,
 <ryang@drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu> wrote:
>Hi, I'm looking for a copy of _Ada_In_Action_, published by John
>Wiley & Sons in 1989.  I'm told it's out of print.  Does anyone know
>where to get a copy, or would be willing to part with theirs (for
>suitable, er, remuneration) ?

I don't have a copy myself, but I've heard that Do-While Jones might
have a copy or two laying around his house :-)

(That's humor -- D-W J is the author.  HIs e-mail address is:
            +--------------------------------+
            |    Know                 Ada    |
            |        [Ada's Portrait]        |
            |    Will              Travel    |
            |                                |
            | wire do_while@ridgecrest.ca.us |
            +--------------------------------+
)

--
       Frustrated with C/C++, Pascal, Fortran?  Ada95 _might_ be for you!
	  For all sorts of interesting Ada95 tidbits, run the command:

* Re: Looking for copy of _Ada_In_Action_
@ 1995-01-30 20:40   ` Bob Kitzberger
From: Bob Kitzberger @ 1995-01-30 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Do-While (whose parents must have had a strong premonition of his
future career ;-) was kind enough to make it available on the 'net:

  ftp://owens.ridgecrest.ca.us/pub/users/do_while/ada_in_action

--
Bob Kitzberger	        +1 (916) 274-3075	        rlk@rational.com
Rational Software Corp., 10565 Brunswick Rd. #11, Grass Valley, CA 95945

* Re: Looking for copy of _Ada_In_Action_
@ 1995-02-01  9:46     ` Peter Hermann
From: Peter Hermann @ 1995-02-01  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bob Kitzberger (rlk@rational.com) wrote:
: Do-While (whose parents must have had a strong premonition of his
: future career ;-) was kind enough to make it available on the 'net:

Not at all:
Read his personal FAQ (from there) and you will be enlighted and amused.

:   ftp://owens.ridgecrest.ca.us/pub/users/do_while/ada_in_action

--
Peter Hermann  Tel:+49-711-685-3611 Fax:3758 ph@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
Pfaffenwaldring 27, 70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen

* Re: Looking for copy of _Ada_In_Action_
@ 1995-02-01 22:14     ` Peter Milliken
From: Peter Milliken @ 1995-02-01 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bob Kitzberger (rlk@rational.com) wrote:
: Do-While (whose parents must have had a strong premonition of his
: future career ;-) was kind enough to make it available on the 'net:

:   ftp://owens.ridgecrest.ca.us/pub/users/do_while/ada_in_action

HELP!!!

I have tried accessing the ftp site for ada_in_action for the last
several days with little success. I usually manage to download 1 file at
a time and then something freezes up, I assume on the US site since I
have had no trouble getting to other US sites such as nyu and ajpo etc.

Unfortunately the README at owens.ridgecrest.ca.us is 0 bytes so I don't
know who to mail there to talk about the problem.

Could someone do me a favour and either (a) place ada_in_action on a more
reliable site, (b) mail the whole thing to me or (c) let the sysop at
owens know there is some kind of problem.

Thanks

Peter