* Audio interfaces for Sun SparcStation ?
@ 1995-01-28 21:50 Pat Rogers
From: Pat Rogers @ 1995-01-28 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm looking for interfaces to the Sun audio capabilities (specifically,
Sun SparcStation-20 running SunOS 4.1.X, AKA Solaris 1.X).  Ada is
obviously my preference, but C would do.  The docs are on order, so I don't
yet have them, but clearly if you know of interfaces that are already
developed then that would be optimum!

Many thanks!

--
Pat Rogers
progers@acm.org

* Re: Audio interfaces for Sun SparcStation ?
@ 1995-02-01 17:29 ` Theodore E. Dennison
From: Theodore E. Dennison @ 1995-02-01 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

progers@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (Pat Rogers) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for interfaces to the Sun audio capabilities (specifically,
> Sun SparcStation-20 running SunOS 4.1.X, AKA Solaris 1.X).  Ada is
> obviously my preference, but C would do.  The docs are on order, so I don't
> yet have them, but clearly if you know of interfaces that are already
> developed then that would be optimum!

Here is an instance where it doesn't matter much what language you
use; Ada should work just as well as C. Just open the audio device
(/dev/audio) with sequential_io or some such IO package, and write
your audio data to it.

T.E.D.