From: l107353@cliffy.lfwc.lockheed.com (Garlington KE)
Subject: Re: MIL-1553B hardware/software
Date: 1 Feb 1995 16:17:20 GMT
Date: 1995-02-01T16:17:20+00:00	[thread overview]

Paul Schulz (p_schulz@signaal.nl) wrote:
: We are investigating the military bus MIL-1553B used in e.g. avionics.
: For our purposes we are looking for chip-sets and software (e.g. drivers)
: supporting this bus.

Chipsets: Try:

United Technologies Microelectronics Center
1575 Garden of the Gods Road
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80907-3486 USA
Marketing: 719-594-8088 or 800-722-1575
Technical: 719-594-8252
Literature: 800-645-UTMC

ILC Data Device Corporation
105 Wilbur Place
Bohemia, NY 11716-2482
516-567-5600

Also, Exclaibur makes a test/simulation VME/VXI board for testing 1553s.

Excalibur Systems, Inc.
P.O. Box 6839
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
718-357-3500

As for software, there may be some software at one of the reuse centers,
but I'm not sure. Be aware that there are some variants on the standard,
so be sure you have full specs before buying any equipment or software.

Ken Garlington                  GarlingtonKE@lfwc.lockheed.com
F-22 Computer Resources         Lockheed Fort Worth Co.

If LFWC or the F-22 program has any opinions, they aren't telling me.