From: dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: How come so much traffic on comp.lang.ada??
Date: 1 Feb 1995 08:49:50 -0500
Date: 1995-02-01T08:49:50-05:00	[thread overview]

There are a couple of obvious answers on why the Ada traffic is relatively
high.

  First: a lot of it is advocacy junk, which would better in my mind be
  moved to some other group, separating the technical content out.

  Second: we have a new standard, widely available, which naturally
  generates questions and interest. The C++ proposed standard is by
  contrast not very available (honk if you have a copy :-) but when
  it does come out, there will be LOTS of questions.

  Third: A lot of the Ada community is, and has always been, very internet
  oriented (after all the original Ada, as well as Ada 9X, was developed
  depending heavily on the internet, certainly NOT true of C!)

  Fourth: a lot of the comp.lang.ada traffic comes from a few individuals
  (remove feldman, dewar, baker, aharonian, T.E.D and a few others, and
  the volume will be way down :-)