From: "Theodore E. Dennison" <dennison@escmail.mmc.orl.com>
Subject: Re: Readkey in VAX Ada 83
Date: 31 Jan 1995 13:38:06 GMT
Date: 1995-01-31T13:38:06+00:00	[thread overview]

amlombardi@vms4.sci.csupomona.edu wrote:

> I posted earlier about getting a character from the keyboard buffer but left
> out a vital part... I'm using VAX Ada... I've had a few responses and one
> person mentioned the file STARLET.... does anyone know if the answer lies in
> here because the file is 2500 blocks long ... thanks.. e-mail me with response

Yes, the "person" is correct. I wouldn't look in there for an answer,
though; the VMS packages have NO comments explaining what the routines
do or how to use them. Look in your VMS programming manuals. Pay
particular attention to SYS$, LIB$, and SMG$. When you find the
routine you want, look in the Starlet, Lib, or Smg package for it.

T.E.D.