From: sercely@convex.com (Ron Sercely)
Subject: Re: How can two tasks in different processors rendezvous?
Date: 30 Jan 1995 16:06:57 -0600
Date: 1995-01-30T16:06:57-06:00	[thread overview]

In article <Mats.Weber-3001951449570001@mlma11.matrix.ch>,
Mats Weber <Mats.Weber@matrix.ch> wrote:
>In article <D2zwAr.IqB@taurus.cs.nps.navy.mil>, cordeiro@cs.nps.navy.mil
>(mauricio cordeiro) wrote:
>
>> We have 2 different Ada tasks running asynchronously in two different
>> workstations, and we need to transfer information from one to the other
>> (a kind of remote rendezvous...).
>
>You cannot do it with a rendez-vous. Ada's tasking model almost implies
>shared memory between the processors executing the same Ada program.
>

>Mats

Well, Yes and No.

Yes, you _could_ do it, if it was provided by your Ada vendors run-time.
No, you can't do it, in that I know of no vendor that provides a run-time FOR
WORKSTATIONS.

However, if executing on a Convex Computer, which has 8 cpus, the tasks DO
distribute across the cpus, and they DO rendevous just fine.

Ron Sercely