From: l107353@cliffy.lfwc.lockheed.com (Garlington KE)
Subject: Re: 2167A, 498, commercial and mil standards...
Date: 30 Jan 1995 19:50:33 GMT
Date: 1995-01-30T19:50:33+00:00	[thread overview]

Doc Elliott (helliott@losat.redstone.army.mil) wrote:
: Based on recent postings here in cla, there is a lot of uncertainty in
: the area of Military, DoD, etc standards and their application.  I
: suspect that there are also a lot of unanaswered questions on both sides
: of the fence regarding various applicable commercial standards.  Is there
: a newsgroup which addresses this?  Should there be?  Is there a need out
: there for an information source where you could ask questions like "What
: standards are there which apply to RF message formats?" as well as
: questions like "In paragraph X.Y.Z of MIL-STD-498, what is the general
: interpretation of the term 'procedure'?"  Wouldn't it be useful to have a
: readily available FAQ or WWW host that listed sources (electronic and
: otherwise) for all sorts of standards, specs, and the email addresses of
: the greybeards involved in their development?

I find that the CompuServe software development forum is a pretty good place
to ask questions like this. People like Derek Hatley, Capers Jones, etc.
are often able to provide information like this. Just recently, I saw a
discussion on the level of detail in a -2167A SSS vs. an SRS which was pretty
good.

Ken Garlington                  GarlingtonKE@lfwc.lockheed.com
F-22 Computer Resources         Lockheed Fort Worth Co.

If LFWC or the F-22 program has any opinions, they aren't telling me.