From: mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman)
Subject: Re: C/C++ does not exist!
Date: 28 Jan 1995 22:42:38 -0500
Date: 1995-01-28T22:42:38-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <3gbm51$glp@osfa.aber.ac.uk>,  <acw93@aber.ac.uk> wrote:

>Perhaps jls means to say that C++ is perhaps being used more as a "better C"
>than as a way of fully adopting the OO paradigm. I personally believe that
>a good OO programmer/designer (yes, the roles are blurred by an iterative
>development cycle) will have learnt to look at objects, messages and
>polymorphism first, and structs and pointers second.

With all due respect to Bjarne, I've seen a fair amount of blurriness too.
There's a good deal of C out there that's just being compiled by C++
compilers, either because those users don;t know, or would like to
hide, that they are not _really_ doing C++.  Some of this is, I'm sure, an
education problem, but not all.

Mike Feldman